Well, it finally happened. I've heard about it and I know it has happened to other people. I knew it was just a matter of time before it happened to us.
After an unusually hellish night, the twins waking alternately to scream every hour or so, the light of dawn was creeping through the window. The delusions of getting any sort of sleep had disappeared with the darkness. Charming Husband was the lucky one to open the bedroom door and discover PoohFest '06.
The diaper was off, the floor was peed on, and the poo was everywhere. By everywhere, I mean bed, blankets, wall, floor, hands, and face. CH feared that Bug had actually eaten some of it. GROOOOOOOSSS!!
The only stroke of luck was that it was only one baby and not two. I'm still not sure how we managed to escape that fate. Although only time will tell if we have in fact, escaped it.
Cleaning and sanitizing and bleaching and scrubbing ensued. Eventually all was returned to sparkly clean and fresh, except for the horror that may never be cleansed from our memories.
I can't help but think that this is a story my mother-in-law will appreciate most, as she has similar stories involving her own Charming Son. Call it Karma, or the Circle of Life, or simply the 'Mother's Curse...Just Wait Until You Have Your Own Kids'. It seems to be more than an idle threat. There is fear in my heart.