Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Motherhood Series - Carla

Carla and I have been friends since High School. Which is like a million years ago now ;) Our lives have changed so much since we've known each other. I think it's kind of special to know someone who has that unique perspective and visa versa.
Carla is infinitely creative and surprising and talented and loyal. I'm so glad she's my friend!

1. Tell us about yourself!

My name is Carla, I stay at home with three girls ages 2, 5 and 7. I had my first baby at 35 which missed my deadline of 30 by a few years.

2. What has been(was) your biggest surprise about Motherhood? (different than you expected? or wish someone had told you?)

Trying to balance the conflicting demands; which I knew about from being a nanny but not like this. It's when I'm in the kitchen trying to get supper or clean up from supper and each one wants something different and they want it right now and it just keeps going and going.

3. Biggest joy?

Reading to my kids and laughing with them.


4. How do you find time for yourself/what do you do?

Getting a babysitter one night a week on a regular basis has enabled me to volunteer at the library which solidified for me what I want to work at when the kids get older. It seems like so much money and there are still times I feel reluctant about it but it works.

5. What do you wish you had more of? Less of?

I wish I could take Heidi with me to volunteer at the school. I wish I could be in the classroom more and know more about what is happening there. I could live with less drama...will I miss the screaming, the running around half naked, the stares of the many others waiting in line at the passport office? No no I won't. I'm looking forward to the day when I look back at these times with fondness.

6. What do you hope your kids learn from you?


CALMNESS!

7. What are some of the best things you learned from your own mother?

Love of gardening and nature; love of sewing and knitting; love of God and the community that can be found in a church.

No comments: