Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hibernation

I'm often surprised that so many days have passed between posts. I feel like I'm posting more often, but I guess not...

My optimistic fresh energy January feeling has waned. I am feeling weary and unenthusiastic. Not that I'm not still somewhat optimistic. At least in my head. I just don't feel like doing anything about it. In fact, I'd just rather not do anything.

Perhaps it is the fact that my sons have taken their melodrama to another level. I suspect they are hanging on to the few remaining weeks of their 'terrible twos' with renewed vigor. To go out with a splash. The whining and crying(raging) when things don't go their way and the incessant 'mineminemine' from The Bee is tiresome.
And what are the threes? The Superfantastic Terrificalicious Threes I hope.

And The Babe is still getting me up several times a night. She probably has a baby pool going on how many minutes it takes me to stumble out of my warm cozy bed and get to hers. On demand! Run Mommy Run!

But let's be realistic. My melancholy must surely be blamed on the writers strike!
Reality sucks.
(If I have to see Gene Simmons and Donald Trump on my tv again I'm going to poke my eyes out)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Hee hee - you always make me laugh.
Wish I could tell you something great about 3, but alas, it is not so. I thought it was worse than 2. I know - it gets worse!? Yes. I'm so sorry, but yes.

Peace Sweet Peas said...

It's so true. I was just looking in disbelief at the dates on my last posting thinking it was so much more recent. HA. Well TGIF. We've instigated a new tradition (a friend of mine from Univ's brother was injured in Afganistan and he was being interviewed on CBC and his wife was talking about how they continued their friday night movie and pizza night in the hospital during his recovery and I thought it was a cool idea). I buy frozen pizza so I don't have to cook. We eat in front of the TV, put on a movie the girls like, no fights about eating, sitting on their chairs etc. And I can't believe how much I look forward to it! I don't have to think about what to make for supper! Only a few dishes. It's so relaxing.

tlr said...

OH I know what the 2's are like...you should see some of the pics of M...and her expressions...she is just so NOT interested! She is happy to be home and have some SPACE! We need to hang out soon!

Mrs. M said...

I feel like hibernating for the winter & coming out in Spring all slim like bears do. Maybe my attitude would be happier too!
3...I think they become more independant....more of "I do myself!" But imagine how funny their language and conversations will be? Please God, let there be more listening...and not on the part of the parent either.