Friday, April 20, 2007

Forever Winter

The reality is that I no longer consider a day to be a 'good day' or a 'bad day' or any section or part thereof. It is always just a sliding scale of partly 'good' and partly 'bad'.
Yesterday was mostly 'good'! Maybe 80/20.

We had quite a successful outing in the morning with Mrs. M (until meltdowns at hometime) but then good naps in the afternoon. Dinner was the usual shenanigans, but Daddy was home to help with bathtime and bedtime. I pushed myself to go out to a 'girl's night' complete with a chocolate fountain and games. It's one of those times when it would have been easier to stay at home, but I knew I would feel better for having put in a bit of effort. And I did. It wasn't a group of women that I knew really well, but I was comfortable enough, and the grown up conversation was refreshing.

CH had invited friends of ours over (a last minute thing) to watch the hockey game, so I made it home in time to catch the last/winning period. How sociable of me!

I am reminding myself as it looks a lot like this again today and we aren't likely to leave the house...spring has to come eventually...right??

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

It sounds like yesterday was a great day! Fun family time and adult time. Wuhoo! Good for you for getting out when really a bed was calling your name. I envy your fortitude!:)
We had fun too...despite a couple of head banging incidents. The morning went by really quick which is always a positive.

vanishingword said...

wow, time with adults, i can't imagine...