Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Tamara - Motherhood Series

Tamara is hands down one of the most amazingly organized and capable mothers I know. It's shocking really. She also has a clarity that seems rare these days.
She just gets stuff done. And it's possible she has the best balance of family and personal time of anyone I know. Her family is a huge priority to her, but she makes time to see friends and have her own fun too.  If you ever figure out how to bottle your super powers, I'd like a vat of it please!

Tamara you continue to inspire me as a mother and a friend!

1. Tell us about yourself!
I am a mom to 5 little ones, oldest being 9, and youngest 15 months.  I have 4 boys and a girl.  I am a wife to an amazing husband who is very supportive.  I am a daughter to an awesome mom.  And a older sister to a brother and sister.  I am an auntie and a great aunt.  I am a granddaughter, a niece and friend.  I am also a daughter of God.  I love to play and have fun.  I am a girl that loves diamonds, but not necessarily the jewels.  I love the baseball diamond.  I love playing the game and coaching.  I have been lucky to be able to coach since my oldest started playing.  I am a mom who likes to volunteer and know what is going on in my children's schools.  I am a co-chair for school council (at least for another few days:)  I have done this for the last 2 years and have loved it.  I love being with my family, going on hikes, camping, playing sports, or just watching a movie on the couch with popcorn!  I am a home body.  I prefer to stay home and hang with my little ones.  I don't like to shop.  I love being around people, but also need my alone time too.  I love to read almost anything.  I don't like to read directions, I prefer for someone just to show me how things work!  I love to take pictures of the things I see.   I love to write in my children's journals so they can know what they were like and who they were when they were little.  I am stubborn, but nobody knows that :)  I love to work out and learn new ways to make things more healthy for my family.  Saying that, I do love to make treats for my family too!
2. What were your expectations of motherhood before you had kids? (ie. Did you think you'd have a whole houseful of kids? Did you see yourself as a mother at all? Did you wonder if it would ever happen?
Before kids seems like a life time ago and I remember parts of it!  But love where I am now.  We were able to just think about having a baby and we would have one.  We are blessed that way.  I would NEVER have thought I would have a whole handful of children.  But am grateful for them.  Even on the tough days.  I had lot of people say after having my 2nd that I had the million dollar family.  Mom, Dad, Boy, Girl....I was done right....wrong.  I didn't feel done and now I have 3 more boys.  Talk about messing with the whole million dollar family uh.  I don't know if I ever really excepted anything.  I just knew I would know when it needed to happen again.  I don't expect much other than to be happy.  I have my moments like all mom's, but I try not to let the little things bother me.  Just be in the moment and know I am doing my best to raise these crazy children.
3. What has been(was) your biggest surprise about Motherhood? (different than you expected? or wish someone had told you?)  
I could do with out potty training, really not my favourite thing at all.  I don't like the dependancy of it, having to always be there to help, the accidents drive me crazy.  However after doing it 4 times now, I am way more relaxed and don't care and know it will happen.  Not often or ever do you meet a 10 year old still in a diaper or even a 5 year old for that matter:)
4. Biggest joy?
I love the hugs and kisses!  I am not a touchy/feel person with anyone really, but my children and hubby of course.  I love the smile in their eyes when they do something they love.  I love when they figure something new out and the excitement.  I love that they are all different.  Even though it's a challenge sometimes:)
5. Best wish for your children?
I want them to be happy.  I want them to know they are loved.  I want them to find the love that I have found with their dad.  I want them to follow their dreams, even if it is to be a singer or a politician (my daughter) or my boys who want to be pilots or professional baseball players. 

6. How do you find time for yourself/what do you do?
I love reading, I love working out, I love getting a massage or mani/pedi.  My girls nights are the most precious thing for me and I have some amazing ladies in my life that I have learned so much from.  I am grateful for them each day!
7. What do you wish you had more of? Less of?
I wish I had more time, to spend more with each child.  I wish we had more money to travel the world, but that 's what our imaginations are for right now!  Less stuff....so many toys, I am looking forward to the day I can clear out the 'baby' stuff and even though I don't like buying more things, I am looking forward to not having to 'save' clothes for the next boy:)
8. What do you hope your kids learn from you?
I hope they learn to be giving of there time to others, be a volunteer.  To be kind to everyone even if you don't like someone.  To love to read and love being outdoors.  To follow their dreams
9. What are some of the best things you learned from your own mother?  
To be kind, and loving.  To get an education, and love what you do.   To be a part of your child's life in all ways.  I wasn't able to always have my mom their because she was a single parent after my dad passed away.  She always did her best.  With that I have decided to be there as much as I can for my children, because I do have a husband who supports me to be a volunteer and coach in their lives.  My Mom always gave us what we needed.  I am grateful for that.   I have had to work for the things I want.  Nothing has ever just been given to me....even though sometimes I wish someone would just hand it over, I have always had to work hard for everything I have.  And that is a blessing that I have learned from my mom.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Tamara is a great mom and person! :)