Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shaliece - Motherhood Series 2012

Shaliece is a wonderful balance of talent, hard work and lots of fun! I have had the pleasure of sharing a class of 6yr olds in Primary and putting on a Christmas party with Shaliece. She is great with people. She puts great effort into everything she does. Her pinterest projects actually look like the pictures (something that rarely happens with my efforts)! And she invited me to my very first XBox Dance party. It was AWESOME! And so is Shaliece!
Her family moves quite often for her husband's work and she has a way of not only fitting in, but welcoming and forming great bonds of friendship.

Shaliece, I'm so glad I've had the chance to get to know you!

1. Tell us about yourself!
 I've been married 8.5 years now and consider myself greatly blessed with an amazing husband and two great children. I love reading, gardening, the outdoors, camping, spending time with family and friends and of course traveling!

2. What were your expectations of motherhood before you had kids? (ie. Did you think you'd have a whole houseful of kids? Did you see yourself as a mother at all? Did you wonder if it would ever happen?
I always imagined myself as a young mother with about 4 kids. Though I have found myself having only two children and at an older age than expected due to choices in my past. 

   
3. What has been(was) your biggest surprise about Motherhood? (different than you expected? or wish someone had told you?)
I've been a nanny several times in the past so some of the surprises were already gone. Though it is completely different being a mom to my own children. The biggest surprise was the deep love I felt for my daughter Riley (now 7.5 yrs old), the first time I held her. I grew to love all the children I cared for in the past, but with my own children it is unreal how there is an instant deep unwavering love between mother and child! 
4. Biggest joy?
My biggest joy in life right now is my family! We are not perfect and there are bumps along our path, but the joy they bring me far surpasses any bumps and bruises along the way. I love seeing my children play together and the vast amount of love they show towards one another! (for the most part) ;)
 
5. Best wish for your children?
My wish for my children covers a wide array of options. ie, I want them to grow up with a strong testimony in the Gospel, knowing their Savior and Heavenly Father. I want them to learn from my mistakes so as not to make them. I want them to get a full education, as that is something I still need to accomplish myself. I want their happiness in every way possible!!   
6. How do you find time for yourself/what do you do?
I wish I had more time for myself as I feel that is the one thing lacking. I feel that my time is completely wrapped up around my family and though I love it, it is exhausting at times. I would love to have more time with my girlfriends to renew my sense of self.
 
7. What do you wish you had more of? Less of?
I mentioned already what I wish I had more of and that is time with friends! I can't imagine having less of anything at this point in my life.
 
8. What do you hope your kids learn from you?
I hope that my kids can learn how to put family first as they are always there with you no matter what. I hope that they enjoy and not take for granted all that may come their way! Also, I hope that they can take from me a love for the Gospel!
 
9. What are some of the best things you learned from your own mother?
My mom and I weren't super close growing up. I believe we are very similar and that we butt heads quite often. Though as I have grown up and now had my own children, I can more deeply appreciate all that she went through with me and the selfless love that she has shown me over the years. I have also learned how to be a better mother, how to listen to my children, and spend time with them because of her.

No comments: