Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy 2012

Happy New Year! Ok, so January is half over, but that's still new-ish, right?

My formal 'resolution' this year is to buy a really nice fitting pair of jeans. Something that says, 'hey, I may have a flat butt, but don't your eyes just love these dazzling pockets, and wow I think I might look a little taller in these' jeans. If you know where I can find them, DO TELL!

But I was also thinking that it might be a good time to try something new here. I use to really love posting. I used to love sharing little stories or my opinion or whatever was on my mind. I still love posting photos, but I haven't felt like sharing much else. I just haven't been in the mood frankly!

So in an attempt to improve my mood I think I might start posting things I'm thankful for. Not exclusively, but a little gratitude goes a long way...right?! It's quick and simple and if you feel like joining in (here or on your own blog) please do!
(you know, like if you're not too tired when you're done pinning!!)

Even though a blog is really just ME, ME, ME, I really enjoy your thoughts and opinions too!

So for today I am thankful for (I think 3 things is a good number to shoot for)

1. HEAT - The kids are home today because it's too damn cold out. Heaters are cranked full blast. Oh I just saw a deer outside. Poor guy. I wish I could give him some ear/leg warmers. I'd love to see that!

2. $2 watercolor paints I got at the grocery store - I was smart and bought 3 sets so there wouldn't be any fighting. The tiny Picasso's are painting up a storm. And it mostly washes out of everything. Sheer brilliance on my part. Did you notice #1. up there where the kids are home from school today??

3. This Muffin in a Minute recipe - I add a handful of frozen blueberries, a minute and a half in the micro and yum yum yum! I have been eating gluten free for the past several weeks (and yes, I do feel better - less bloaty) so this little muffin really hits the spot.

And voila - I'm less moody already!

1 comment:

legomaster said...

Love it!
I was going to call....and then didn't. We had a home day too as I was too lazy to cart the kids to school in the cold. The boys were in their jammies ALL DAY! I made it to sweats.
Love the 3 gratitude idea.
My 3 today....Having the fireplace on all day!
Wii...so that I could plug my children in and read a good book Change of Heart by Jody Picoult
Bedtime without hassles. Yes!