Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sew What? Part 3

My sewing machine has actually been taking a break. I think it needs a tune up. Which is just as well since I have many other projects on the go at the moment. November is proving to be a very busy month.
But I still have done a bit of sewing. Like pants. Which I have to say are not nearly as exciting to sew, but very practical. My kids are kind of tall and on the skinny side, so it's difficult to find pants that stay up, but are long enough. Tough problem, I know. (from someone on the less tall side who normally has to hem my pants for being too long)

I also had been saving some sweet Amy Butler fabric for something 'special'. I decided it that this dress on my Babe was pretty special.
And this is my attempt at a more 'natural' fiber look. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about it.
There are so many styles I'm inspired by. Lovely natural fiber-y clothes. Simple but colorful, more modern styles. And also super feminine, girly clothes.
I'm not terribly inspired by boys clothes, but there are a few things out there. Part of the reason for that is my boys have become quite particular about what they will wear. Depending on the day. But I do have some plans for Christmas, so we'll see how that all goes...
Oh, and legwarmers. I found a tutorial for making legwarmers from knee socks. I LOVE IT!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice work! I love your Amy Butler dress!

tlr said...

You are great, I don't know how you can get it done with the kids around!

JessyB said...

That's awesome, love the dresses. In the not-so-distant past, I used to make leg warmers (adult size) out of sweater sleeves.