Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Two Days

I had the unbelievable opportunity to go away this past weekend. Without my kids. Even without my CH. I went out to my parents place with a couple of girlfriends. It's the first time I've been away from my kids for more than a few hours. I had the best sleep I've had in more than two years!

My time away confirmed a few things I already suspected:

Sleep deprevation makes me tired. I am not at my best when I am tired.

Chips and salsa and Skor bites are a great meal replacement...for a while. Then you will crave a vegetable. Ice cream is not a vegetable.

I still know all the words to 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go'.

Dr. McDreamy really is dreamy. After watching a full season one, and part of season two (as much as we could fit in), he still holds up.

My Charming Husband has an undeniable talent which I love/hate for making everything he does seem easy. Even looking after a sick, puking boy and his cold-riddled brother for the weekend. He even did the puke laundry.

There is nothing like a little time apart to really make your heart grow fonder. My boys got bigger and even more adorable while I was gone, and my husband even more charming.

But fear not, the universe has a way of equalizing things in case you had a moment of envy, and I am back in full swing with Sad Puke Boy and Sir Coughs- A- Lot-Poopy Pants.

Update: Make that Puke Boy 1, and Puke Boy 2. It's always good to share with your brother!

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

How wonderful that you had a girls weekend! Wuhoo!
How sad to come home to the Feb Fest of Vomit.
Hope your boys are feeling better soon and that you & CH stay healthy.

Peace Sweet Peas said...

I'm so glad that you had a weekend off! That is fantastic and well-deserved and as i recall there is the matter of 2 week long bike trip way back when.

Poor boys. Sharing isn't always the best thing.

Peace Sweet Peas said...

Thank you for getting me hooked on Grey's Anatomy - I'm enjoying it so so much! E really likes the pictures on your site of the ceandy hearts. She says they look delicious.