Thursday, February 15, 2007

2 Years Old

Sooooo....yeah....remember that day two years ago (yesterday) when I had 2 babies? I sure do!

I managed to haul my whale sized self out of bed to pee at 7am, and my water broke. And I thought to myself, Holy Crap. I'm going to have Valentine's Babies. Who could've planned that?

Then a madcap drive to the hospital ensued, during morning rush hour, just like you would see in a movie, with a frantic crazy father-to-be weaving (safely) in and out of traffic and an even more frantic mother-to-be having intense contractions and freaking out in the car. Wuhoo!

Needless to say, it all turned out very well. And that feeling of complete shock and overwhelmed-ness I felt after they carried my newborns off to the NICU and my epi drugs wore off, well, I'm getting used to that too...

Last year, I wasn't sure at first how I wanted to handle the boys first birthday. Sure, it's a special occasion, but the kids really don't know any difference. I realized that I really wanted a celebration. I felt that I had accomplished something by just surviving that first year. And more or less we were all still intact. So really, it was more for me. Although they managed to make the most of the food and friends and the gifts and all the adoration, even if they didn't understand it!

This year, I wanted to do something the boys would really enjoy. Due to various circumstances, we decided not to have a big party, and we couldn't even pull off a grandparent-family get-together. So we decided to spend the morning at the Science Centre with our good pal REd.
What a great time!

We climbed and splashed and ran around, and built stuff and pushed stuff over, and slid down slides, and raced dinky cars, had snacks and then checked out the Creative Children's Museum downstairs.

The boys had such a great time they didn't want to leave after we realized we had been there for 3 hours and it was definitely nap time.

We capped off our day with some fine dining, which was very much to the boys liking.
Some cantelope for a starter followed by handfuls of fine grape tomatoes. A main course of chicken hot dogs (lower fat because we're all about health here) and smiley faces with a side of ketchup and mustard relish. Our tastebuds were then tantalized by the chocolate lovers ganache heart shaped cake.

A surprise treat from Daddy.
Good eats!


Happy Birthday my sweet Valentines!

3 comments:

YoJo said...

Happy B-Day, little Valentinos!

Mrs. M said...

Such a fun heartsy birthday festival! We're sorry we missed it.
Love the muffin pic!

Peace Sweet Peas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUG AND BEE! I can't believe they're two.. in some ways it's hard to remember life before them and in other ways it's hard to believe they're two already.

The creativity museum looks super cool! That would be a great place to have a family pass to.

Did the boys like the dark chocolate in the ganache? The girls like dark chocolate but E has said that she wants a pink cake this year. So maybe some white chocolate!