I'm not super huge into numerology but I do like numbers. Yeah not counting them or anything mathlike, but patterns. Or something like that. I remember on my 9th birthday thinking it was cool that I was nine years old on the 9th day of the 9th month in 1979.
And now it is 30 years later (yeesh) and again it's the nines. Only it's 30+9 on the 9th day of the 9th month in 2009. I'm not really sure what all the nines mean, only that it's a freakish occurrence. Or maybe it's not. But I think it's cool. And it doesn't happen very often.
In numerology the number nine is often associated with humanitarianism. I'm not going to get all Jolie on you here but I thought we'd have some fun.
I've never done a giveaway before but let's have one!
There are nine of my favorite photos in this post. After nine days (ends midnight Sept 18th) I will pick (randomly) nine winners. Winners choose which image (of the nine) you'd like and I'll send you a 5X7 print. That is my gift to you.
Here's how to play along.
I've decided that my mantra for the year will be to 'enjoy more'. I'm going to take a little more time to savor the little things that make me happy.
So leave a comment with nine things (more or less) that is a simple (or grand) pleasure in your life. Be specific. Favorite songs, books, movies, treats, activities, bubble bath, smells, textures...something I might want to try.
And that is your gift to me. Because it's my birthday!
Here's my current list:
1. I joined the Lady Gym. It's amazing how just an hour or so to yourself can feel so good. Even if you're sweatin' to the the electronic version of Billy Joel songs.
2. Gelato. I have 4 tubs of it in my freezer right this minute. 4 TUBS. Heaven.
3. Micheal Jackson on the radio again. I know he was crazy and kind of creepy but in 1983 he was beautiful and amazing. I still love those songs. I'll even take the Rihanna mix...
4. I recently read all 4 Twilight books in a couple of weeks. That was just SO FUN! Getting lost in another world...
5. Driving husbands car (which is not a mini van) on the highway really fast (but not too fast) and listening to loud music. No children were involved in this incident.
6. Shopping at thrift stores. I can't help it. I call it the Grandma gene. I get a thrill from finding a treasure or from making something out of almost nothing. Just like my Grandma.
7. I'm not really super retro (except for MJ and some Prince maybe) but just try not to dance to this song!
8. The smell of the woods. You should seriously smell them.
9. Photography projects. And collaborations with friends. I'll let you know how they turn out!