Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rainbows and Lollipops

So I figured since I have shared some of my shopping horrors, that it's only fair and reasonable to share our successes. Few that they are.
Having said that, I recently had a nearly perfect shopping experience. With all 3 kids. At the huge grocery store. Where you must bag your own stuff.
All 3 kids were actually IN the cart for starters. Their idea, not mine. Which is why it was so perfectly executed. We got a lot done. Some bribery was needed, but I don't mind at all when it works so well. No one cried or screamed or fell out.
At the checkout we had a helpful, cheerful cashier. Another lovely employee came over and helped me fit all my groceries into my new green bins AND helped me fit them all in the cart. Which was full of kids.

And diapers were on sale.

AND we got a free turkey. Which our spectacular cashier had brought to us so we didn't have to go find it ourselves.

It truly was the most Super shopping experience I've ever had.
SUPER!

5 comments:

Mrs. M said...

WUHOO!! (Fireworks! Marching Band! The works.)
That's AWESOME and I'm so happy for all of you.
It really is the little things that make us happy isn't it?

Jamie said...

No...It can't be possible. I didn't think such an experience could exist! How on EARTH did you accomplish such a feat?
I also cashed in on the diaper sale. Alas, I missed the free turkey...Oh well, don't know how to cook them anyway!

tlr said...

So nice when you have good days...gotta love them!

Larry said...

Hi from Auntie Barbara in Calif. I am sitting here with a very proud grandma Jocelyn who is showing me her cute little kids. They are all adorable. Keep putting the pictures on and we'll keep looking at them. You are cute as a button yourself Jayci. We are having a great time traveling along your blog.
Love,
Auntie Barbara

Larry said...

Lara,
Hey darling, you are too cute. This blog is fantastic. We hope to come and see you all next summer. I can hardly believe you are a mom. This is a great way to keep up with what is happening with your little family.
It is so fun to see your mom and visit a while with her. I wish we didn't live so far away. But if you ever want to get warm come down for a visit.
Talk to you again,
Love Barbara
Love Barbara