Sunday, September 09, 2007

Ode or Lament?

Dear 37,
Remember back when I was turning 30? I know it can be traumatic for some people, but from my point of view 30 was like standing on the verge of something great. I felt like the next few years would prove to be the most significant of my life (so far) and I was right. I married my sweetheart, had twins, built a house (not with my own hands or anything), and had a baby girl, all in the past 4.5 years.

Now granted 36 had its share of ups and downs. I spent a large part of the year being pregnant, sick and miserable while were trying to get our house built and then the whole moving business. Which I do not enjoy.
Some of my favorite people moved far away.
The highlight was by far, the arrival of The sweet Babe. OK, the actual birth part was not fun, but immediately after it was all worthwhile.

I have high hopes for 37. I'm thrilled to have my crazy boys and my adorable daughter. I'm happy to not be pregnant ever again. CH and I have some plans and goals for our family.
I hope to be able to tap into my creative brain and find a spark or two.
I'm optimistic.
I'm hopeful.
I feel overwhelmed at times by how my life has changed, but my goal is to enjoy more and be frazzled less.
I am grateful.

And, we're getting a minivan.

Life is good.

Happy Birthday to me.
Virgos Rule.

3 comments:

Peace Sweet Peas said...

Happy happy birthday! The computer just ate my comment aGHHAHGH suffice it to say card is on its way the process having been delayed by my mommy life. I'm heavily censoring Bambi and only letting them watch the fun parts. I can relate to the overwhelming part and I'd have to agree that our 30s have been very good to us. Hope you're having a virgoey party; wish I was there.

Two Mittens said...

Wish you were here too Gurlfriend...we'd go out together for some fun mommy time!

Mrs. M said...

Happy Day! Happy Day!
Definately an Ode...most deinfately. 37 looks lovely on you!