Thursday, September 13, 2007

Learning Curve

Why is it that change is always difficult? Even when it's a good change...that you may have requested yourself...

Ok, I've made a big change. From a pc to a mac. Whuhoo!!! Thanks to my fabulous CH I have a brand new spankin' fresh macbook! Which is exciting and fantastic! And hard!

*sigh*

I've used a mac before, during a graphics course I took, so I knew there'd be some differences. Good ones of course, but also just getting used to a new machine without Windows, and with different names for things, and different places, and just different ways of doing things. I like to think of myself as fairly adaptable (and a little bit smart), but apparently I really did lose some brain cells or neurons or something birthing them babies...
I won't even tell you how long it took me to figure out where the web browser was. And then I had to download Mozilla anyway so I could update here.
CH has been very helpful, but he's never used macs before at all, so it's a lot of learnin' for both of us.

Anyway, I'll keep at it. I feel like I have a foot in both worlds right now (the printer isn't printing yet, the new imac is wireless but the old pc isn't, my old Photoshop won't work on the new machine, my photos are all still on the old machine...etc etc).
I know that it will get better. And I might even learn something in the process.

(that snapping sound is my brain from all the strain)

No comments: